Friday, February 11, 2011

Beauty is only skin deep. Right??



So I know what is wrong with the world today. Beauty and the way you look is to important to everyone. I was watching Dr Phil yesterday and the man on the show was striving for perfection. He has had over 40 cosmetic surgeries.  He has even had muscle implants for his biceps and pecks. His pecks look like really badly done boobies!LOL I personally think he looks a little scary, very plastic and womanly. Why is this perfection??



 What about Heidi, I know she is brain washed and married to a psycho. Why does she think this is beauty?
Go to fullsize image
She looks like a she-devil. Today on Dr Phil there are showing girls from Toddlers and Tiaras which, is a whole new subject. On the preview they show a woman telling a little girl she is ugly, and no one thinks she is pretty. Does she not know she is single handily turning her daughter into a slut. If she cannot get validation from her parents she will get it from who ever she can.

I know how mean people can be, in high school a mean boy referred to me as the toothless wonder for the first two years of my high school career. I was missing two of my teeth and could do nothing about it until I got my braces off. I was miserable when ever I saw him and I would even duck and hide in the bathroom. Then one day I got my braces off, some little fake teeth, and some confidence. He later asked me to go to a party with him, and my response was "Hell no, DUESCHEBAG"! LOL

Now that I have little girls I worry so much about how they will feel about them self's. I want then to love them self's so much that I could give them a mullet and they will still think they are so cool. I plan to tell my girls they are beautiful and amazing everyday. I will never tell them they are ugly. That does no mean I am going to let them wear things like high-waters, because that will just get them made fun of. But I am going to let them be who they want and I am going to raise them up, love them, and try to instill the most confidence in them I can. I don't have the best confidence (surprising hu, I fake it until I make it), but this I am going to work on. I am going to lead by example. This all goes for Teagan as well. Trust me little boys get made fun of and can scar them for life, just ask my husband. So if Teagan get a little chunky, because he is bound too, no one in our family will ever call him fat or make fun of him. Kids get enough harshness from the outside world, when they are home they need to feel safe and loved!

Now I am going to go hug my kiddos!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I had the same problem, my dad called me Forehead instead of my name for two entire years. Literally, never once said my name. Confidence was a tough one for me, so I am trying hard to do it differently with my kids. And it is working, there isn't anyone with more confidence than Anika! And I'm sorry you don't have more confidence, I never would have guessed that because you are one of the most beautiful women I know, like for reals. Not that inner beauty junk, either, I think you are a straight up hottie manicotti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, you make me feel warm and fuzzy, and not in a creepy way! Yep it is hard to admit I am not as confidant as I come across. I think i could possible have some foarm of body dismorphic disorder, but I am working on it!!

    ReplyDelete