Monday, February 7, 2011

I need this

View ImageSo rcently my husband has been making fun of me and the few thing I have right now that are my own, including my blog. I know he doesn’t mean to hurt my feelings but it does. He has no idea what it is like to spend days alone with three kids. I always have someone with me, and it is one of the loneliest feelings ever. I know this doesn’t make much sence, but to a few people it will. My husband makes fun of me and being so involved in Moms Club. This club is a great way to have adult conversation and make friends. It can be a way to escape my mundane life for a couple of hours a week. He also makes fun of me and my gossip with my mom and friends. He likes to call me “Desperate Housewife”. I have no one to talk to other than my mom and few friends that I have left. Now he is making fun of my Blog, he says he doesn’t get it  and its weird. It is the one thing I have right now that is mine, all mine. He has no idea how hard it is to go from being successful, feeling important, and having tons of social interaction, to a thankless, friendless, 24hour a day  job. Before I had kids I designed houses not only were I live, but multi million dollar homes in Aspen, and on the monument. I love my kiddos dearly, but at times I feel useless, unappreciated, and not an equal to the working class. I need thing that are mine, this blog is one. I enjoy putting my thought and feelings out there for everyone to read. In the next month I am going to be putting together a business plan to start my own design firm. I am super excited and nervous about this!! What I am doing now is the most important job in the world, I am raising my kids. Not a daycare, or babysitter ME. They will have our family values (hopefully), our beliefs, and God willing turn into successful adults because of me. I know my job is the important job in the world, it is just hard to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment