Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Not Easy to Share

I am about to share something with you that not many people would share. I feel this is the best way to get it out, I don't want to have to explain things to people over and over again, and I know there are other people in our same situation. Chris and I are sinking in debt. Our monthly bills are $500.00 more than he makes, and that is simply the bills not anything fun like eating out or simply going out. This could be fixed easily Chris could work extra, but he simply doesn't want to. I understand why he doesn't want to, he is a family man and he loves to spend time with us. This situation has sunk our marriage as well. Chris is upset because he isn't providing for his family, and I am upset because I didn't understand why he wouldn't just work more. This has been going on for a couple months now. Well Chris and I sat down today and I told him I am not mad that he doesn't want to work extra, but we need to figure something out because we cannot live like this anymore. I was so scarred to have this conversation with him. I am scarred that he will start to hate his family and life because he doesn't have a nice truck, jeep, camper, ect..... He says he wont. To fix our situation we are selling our camper and both cars. We are going to buy two cars that are cheaper and use the camper money to get us caught up. I have to admit I harbor a little anger, because of the truck and chris putting us in this situation, but I am also so proud of us. We are fixing a problem before it gets worse. We can communicate and reach an understanding of how thing have to be done. I know our marriage can only get stronger from this, and luckily we are young and one day we will have a nice camper, jeep, truck, ect....just not right now. So next time you see me and I am not in my car please don't ask why, don't judge me, just say it is cute even if it a beater! LOL If you are in the same situation I feel your pain and I am here if you need to talk. I know how stressful this is, trust me I have been crying for the last few months, and not sleeping from stress. I am so proud of my family and I know things can only go up from here!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family. Thats what matters most. Not stuff. You are doing the right thing. So proud of you honey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand a lot, been going through the same thing. Something big is about to blow up at work and will affect me, not sure how yet. I might not have a job, or my hours will be seriously cut. Its a waiting game to see what will happen. But great job communicating the issue with each other!

    ReplyDelete