Monday, June 6, 2011

Playing Russian Roulette While Drinking. YES!!

Go to fullsize imageSo one scary side effect with my Crohns happens while I drink. There are some night I can drink and be ok, just drunk. For example while in Colorado City Chris and I got drunk. I had at least 5 maybe 6 DOUBLE tequila sunrises and a shot in a five hour period. Ok I was way drunk, but not in a scary way.
Now there are some night I get really sick and pretty much black out. For example the other night I went out with my friend Sherridan. I had two jack and cokes and six beers in a five hour period. I ended up puking, blacking out, and being drunk in a scary way. I will be perfectly fine and then all the sudden be so drunk I don't remember anything. This mat sound crazy but I go from buzzed to black out drunk in about 5min. When I get sick like this it can be very scary, just ask Chris and my Mom. I feel very stupid the next day like it is my fault. I truly believe that my Crohns has something to do with it.
Go to fullsize imageNot sure why this happens. I know Crohns makes my intestines swell up maybe it creates a blockage and instead of the alcohol running through my system it all backs up and hit my like I drank it all in 5min.
Drinking can be like playing Russian roulette. I never know what kind of night it is going to be. This is a very scary thing. I am worried that if my intestines and making my alcohol hit me at once that I could get alcohol poisoning, and potentially die. I wish proctors knew more about Crohns, I wish they could answer questions about things like this. But they don't know, they really don't know much. It really is sad and scary to had a incurable disease that no one know a lot about, and can affect my body in such a scary way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure its crohns, unless you are mixing medication with drinking. You are actually quite a bit, you may not think so but you gotta remember that you are a mom now, and drinking on a regular basis was a long time ago. Your body has lowered its tolerance and it doesn't take as much to get you drunk now.

    I persoanlly, am not a beer drinker (ick!) LOL And I remember hanging with my girls and going out to party almost every night of the week. Those days would take forever to get drunk. These days, I drink one mojito, or chocolate martini, and I'm ready for bed. Its a sad thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother wishes that you would start taking it easy and not tempt fate by playing roulette. Your children, husband and the rest of your family needs you. Drinking that much just isnt an intelligent thing for ANYONE to do, let alone you. I realize drinking is a nice escape, but I think its time you find a new one.....before it becomes a problem in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete