Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hogs Gone Wild

I am sitting here watching T.V with the hubby and I am disturbed by what I see. First I want to say I am not a member of PETA well if it stands for People Eating Tasty Animals I might be a member!! LOL Ok I believe in hunting, my hubby hunts, but I believe animals should not be tortured or killed in an inhumane way. Which to some people hunting is. Anywho.......This show is all about wild hogs, how bad they are, and what companies do to get rid of them. I understand how bad wild hogs can be, how they spread disease, destroy things, and kill people and animals. In this show the two men capturing, well killing, the hogs uses dogs to bit the hogs neck while they hog tie the legs. This hog was expically big so they had to use two dogs to bite and hold the hogs head. They couldn't control the hog so they just gutted it. They most disturbing part was not that the hog had to die, but how the hog screamed. The sound was very disturbing.
There is documentary I watch not long ago called "Blood Dolphins" This is just a short video about it. I will never go to sea world because they get their dolphins from this country in Japan.
Animal Planet is going to have a series about the people attempting to stop this killing. I know I will cry but I will still watch it. They have microphones in the water and when the dolphins are killed it is horrible and sad. The dolphins swim circles around the dead or dieing dolphin. The Japanese are very sneaky about his killing, and get very mad at people taking video. You can tell they know what they are doing is wrong It is touching I recommend watching the whole documentary if you have time.
My point is.... I understand animals have to die, but I think it could be a little more humane. I am sure this is just the softy in me. The weird thing is I feel this way about all animals, but I eat them and I enjoy it. I just don't believe animals should suffer, cant they just put the gas mask on them! LOL

3 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, most animals are killed more humane than humens kill each other. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I don't get about Hogs Gone Wild is why even use the dogs? Give me a big gun with a night scope and I would be happy to shoot first and ask questions later. -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric- thats what I am sayin. Why do they need the dogs. just shoot'em!!
    Tracey- I know some hunams are killed in a horrible way as well and that breaks my heart too, but it is not glorified on a T.V show like it is with animals.

    ReplyDelete