Friday, May 13, 2011

Dad out of controll.

As a note I would like to say if you are a huge "Chris Fan" you may not want to read this as it is about to get Ghetto!!!!!
You should be able to leave you kiddos with their dad and expect them to be cared for in the same loving way you would Right?? I know Chris will probably never do things the way I do, or do as much as I do but he should at least take care of the kids with the same level of love and caution as I do. NOT THE CASE!!!
Here is what happened. I went to work in the morning, then to lunch with a friend, then to get my hair done. My hair took longer than I expected(but it turned out amazing), so that's ok. So at 1pm I texted chris to take things out for dinner, there was no response so I figured he was getting kids down for nap. No big deal. Well at 3pm I called because the kids should have been waking up and I wanted to make sure he got my text. Well there was no answer so I call the house..no answer. Finally at 3:30 I have to call the neighbor to go check on them. She rings the door bell numorus times...no answer. So she goes in and the kids are all in bed screaming and chris is on the couch sleeping. She wakes him up and he calls me. I am now a little upset, but whatever.
Then at 5pm I text chris that I am running late and give him directions to cook dinner.  Ok no big deal. Then I call him on my way home at 6:15........ No kids had been fed. Well the girls go to bed at 7pm so there is no point in feeding them now. At this point I find it a little funny that their own dad had no clue to feed them. Until I get home.........The girls are inside SCREAMING to the point of throwing up, still in their P.J's dirty and smelly. Chris is out side with his brother trying to weld the lawn mower bag back together so he can borrow it. NO LONGER FUNNY. I AM PISSED. Once I see the girls I start crying because obviously no one changed their diaper after nap, no one fed them. They had been neglected, and left in the house alone for God noes how long. I change them get them bottles and get them in bed. Chris comes in and finally makes teagan some dinner and says "why are you so mad at me"... WTF REALLY?? WHY???? SO I say " I am upset I had to have the neighbor come over and get you up" He say " It not MY fault my phone was no vibrate". Ok you are right is not you fault, it only your phone, you have no control over it. Then I say "I am mad because you didn't feed the kids" He says "The other night you said it was so convenient when we ate together, I figured you wanted to wait". What a lame ass excuse. He neglected our kids. Not only did he not feed, not change diapers, but he left the girls inside alone screaming. He should have told his brother to wait, or use the lawnmower with out the bag, or by your own f'ing mower!!! NOT OK. I feel so guilty and bad for leaving my kids, and I should never have to feel that way. I am so mad at Chris, I don't even want to be around him. Those kids are my world and they should be his too. From here on out I will be hiring a babysitter, even when Chris is home, and he will not be taking any of the kids out for one on one time. I will not allow my kids to be treated this way again. He is the dad, what was he thinking. There is NO EXCUSE!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am a 'Chris fan' because he is my cousin, but when he deserves an ass kicking, I'll tell you to do it!! Those babies come first, no matter what. Naps, mowers, everything else comes last. They can't change thier own diapers, and they can't cook thier own dinner, he dropped the ball! He should be at your feet thanking you for everything you do. Its not so easy when Dad is left in charge. BEFORE you hire a sitter, sit him down and explain what you expect of him, and keep it real. If he really can't do it and tells you he can't do it, then hire one. But he is their father for crying out loud, he can handle a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Vandermark family fan. As a family there are expectations that each person has a duty to the other. As a husband as a father Chris should, but may not know all that you the Mom and wife knows about the care of your children because they are both your children not just you as the mother. Sit down as parents and talk to each other, with a list of what you as the mom want Chris as the dad to do when he is with the kids. You have every right to be very very upset with him but don't treat him like hes the worst dad on the planet. That will only cause major problems for you as a couple. TALK with each other make a list of things to do while your out and post them on the fridg. He needs to have alone time with the kids just like you need time to yourself. Everyone need to get on the same page but in a loving and caring way. I love you all so much and don't want to see this become a major issue that can't be fixed because it got way out of hand.

    ReplyDelete